Sunday, January 13, 2019

THERE IS HOPE!

Like each of you, we started the new Church programs last Sunday.  We are excited with all the changes, and are committed to doing what has been asked of us.

With the condensed Church time, we kept stressing to our Branch leadership and members that we HAD to start on time.  Bless our Branch President's heart, he stood at the pulpit watching his phone, and started the meeting as soon as it said 9:00.  More amazing was that there were people there!  About 20 when we started, and you can see from the picture how many were there by the end of the meeting.  One of the blessings of obedience!
Not counting all the missionaries and support personnel from the Stake, this is a really good turnout for us!!!

When we took around our Christmas bowls and bags of fruit, we included an invitation to come to Church, and printed a nice picture on the back side.  When I was in the home visiting with a sister this week, I saw what she had done with our handout, and she had placed it on a table that is seen as soon as you walk in.  Because I was SO discouraged with the tragic turnout from those invitations, I was glad I could see that at least the invitation was being enjoyed!
I should have tried to get a better picture, but I was trying to be subtle!
One of the things that we have been wanting to do is set up Ministering in this Branch.  Some of the Church programs that seem so basic have not ever been started since the Branch's beginning a couple years ago.  Ministering (and of course its predecessor, Visiting and Home Teaching) is the basis of a Ward or Branch's unity and commitment to the Savior.  So I was glad to FINALLY get permission from the Relief Society President to set it up.  (Have I ever mentioned I'm the RS 1st Counselor?)   To introduce this, I am giving the lesson in RS today - in Portuguese.  AGH!  (Craig is going to work with the EQ President to get Ministering for the brothers set up.)
Not a lot of work for so few sisters, but less than
half have (or will) agree to be Ministers.
Lastly, when I was young my Mom sang a Thanksgiving song to me that I sang to my kids about a little turkey running away before Thanksgiving.  Well, as we were driving along this week we saw one who did just that!
Not sure what his escape options are!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Happy turnout for the first Sunday in 2019. And good for your branch president starting on time! I hope your lesson went well today. That branch is so very blessed to have you and Craig serving in it! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this post made me so happy! Blessings from persistance and giving it your all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture with everyone!!! So cool! And I also love that handout picture you gave. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete