Tuesday, April 29, 2014

RHODE ISLAND!

When Craig and I first discussed going on a mission to Brazil, I told him that I did not want to hang out in a temporary mission while waiting for our visas. But after waiting these many months and still no immediate hope for visas, we basically called the Church Missionary Dept and begged for a temporary assignment! We are going to the Boston, MA Mission to serve in Rhode Island in a Portuguese Branch. I'm really excited! In the first place, I love the Northeast. Secondly, this is a wonderful way to immerse myself in the language without being in a "sink or swim" situation. We'll enter the MTC next Monday and leave a couple weeks later. If the visas come before we leave the MTC, we'll go straight to Brazil, but we're not counting on that! We should know by the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment