Saturday, March 19, 2022

Exemplary Woman, Squirrelly Event

Meet Mabel – the cutest 89-year-old Relief Society President in the Church!  She is so diligent in her duties, and takes care of everyone in the Cedarville Branch.  (Craig is in the Branch Presidency of that Branch, but it’s not the town we live in.)  She is a widow and often drives alone to the Temple in Medford, 175 mountainous miles away!!!  (And none of it on a freeway!)  Always so pleasant and sweet.  Oh that we could all endure to the end as gracefully and energetically!

Isn't she the cutest?

The Cedarville Branch had a St. Patrick’s Day Potluck.  Since our first day here they have talked about how big it is every year; I was asked to bring rolls so I made 102.  Rookie mistake… only about 25 people were there!!! But I think they thought that was a big turnout....

Here my maiden name is O'Brien and I had NOTHING
green to wear!  Was grateful to find these silly earrings!
Embarrassing - 2 pics of me!  Next week I'll do 2 of Craig!

Have I mentioned we’re rural?  In Cedarville they have a real problem with ground squirrels, so they have a “Squirrel Roundup Day,” where people come from miles around to get rid of them and work on their target shooting.  The actual day was Saturday, but we saw lots of people not waiting until then as we drove the area last week!  (Craig says they were "jumping the gun...") These three have quite the serious setup!!!  They were only a few of the DOZENS we saw!     

The inserted picture is from our Branch Calendar! Hahaha!  It's a big deal!

3 comments:

  1. Mabel is the cutest Relief Society President ever!! And I wish I was at the potluck and could eat some of your rolls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mabel looks so sweet and sounds amazing, and I got a kick out of the squirrel roundup! Thank you for your updates! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Mabel! Squirrel day is hilarious. Too bad Kevin wasn't there to help out. I hear he's getting pretty good these days.

    ReplyDelete