Sunday, March 6, 2022

"Sing Praise to the Name of the Lord Most High"

Psalm 7:17

Before coming on this mission, we were told where we would be assigned.  As we researched Alturas and contemplated what we might be able to offer here, I kept envisioning a Multi-Faith Choir event.  Not wanting to wait a year until Christmas to make this happen, I started formulating an Easter event in my head.  We have spent hours making flyers (had to go to a town an hour away to have access to a laser color copier) and taking them to 12 other Churches in town. (There are more Churches than restaurants here❤.) We have received positive feedback from only one of those Churches, and a fair amount of negative feedback from some others.  I am hoping the flyers posted in businesses, the social media posts, and personal invitations from our Branch members will bring people out.  The success of an event like this is having people actually come to join the choir. 😳 Our first practice is tonight – March 6.  Please pray for us that hearts will be touched and people will have the desire to come together in singing praises to the Lord.

(Half of the flyers said instead "Calling all Christians")
(I initially planned for the Sunday before Easter, but found
out that's when the local schools have Spring Break!)

Like most rural communities, we have been told Alturas folks never used masks much, but before it’s completely outdated, I have to share the sign that was in our Church!

Have I mentioned just how rural we are? :)

4 comments:

  1. I love that you’re organizing a multi faith choir! I hope the practice goes well tonight and you get some more positive feedback/support!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you did this Cindy. I am a couple of days late but I hope you had some people come to practice. If not- no worries because you are doing something great and that will never be easy. Love you both ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even if 1 person is touched by coming to choir practice, it will be a success!
    That mask sign is HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete