Saturday, April 2, 2022

A Week of Music, PR, and Illness

I always feel a little nervy posting ANYTHING on General Conference Weekend – Such a MAGNIFICENT event that has uplifted us so much!  I hope to not detract…  (And I would NEVER have chosen to do our Program this weekend, but next weekend is in the middle of the local schools’ Spring Break, and I did NOT want to have it on Easter and interfere with other Congregations’ Services!)

Several of you have texted or emailed wondering how the choir efforts were going.  Thank you so much for your concern and prayers!  Here is an article that I submitted that the newspaper graciously ran!

Sadly, a few people weren't at the practice when we took the picture! (But only a few....)

I took this picture of the Chapel the day after we arrived.  It is so beautiful, but I’ve never seen more than 30 people in it.  I hope we fill it on Sunday (April 3.)

This chapel was built in the 90s and is in pristine condition.

The Primary children are doing a couple numbers, so I went into Primary last week to see how the songs were coming.  I was so touched by the cute 88-year-old music director!  I’ve always seen wonderful visuals when I’ve gone in the Primary Room, but didn’t know she was the one who made them!

There were a few more children than I captured in the pic!

I have not been subtle or shy with our Branch members here, as well as the whole choir, about their responsibility to INVITE people to “Come and Hear!”  So when I was invited “for coffee” with a large group of ladies from the biggest Church in town, I accepted (after making sure the café had Hot Chocolate!  Hahaha)  I am still trying to decide if I was brave or just plain nervy to pass out invitations for this Easter program on the first time I went!  The ladies were lovely and I look forward to more hot chocolates with them (if they let me come back!)

We passed out 240 of these simple invites

Due to a few situations that aren’t worth sharing, I got hit on Thursday with a migraine (which I get RARELY) AND ulcers (also rare occurrences.)  Our last practice was Thursday night, and there really is nobody who can direct a choir that I could have called.  I had to keep excusing myself to either leave the room or sit down.  People kept telling me to sit because I was “white as a sheet.”  Fortunately, I didn’t pass out, but I still don’t feel great, and am a wee bit (ok, REALLY) nervous for tomorrow night.  But honestly, if nobody comes, and if I do pass out, the bonds of love and understanding with other Christians from the community that have been made during the practices has alone been glorious!  There is NOTHING like sharing our love for the Savior through music, with fellow Christians! (#DaytonMillerQuartet! 💛)

We're anxious for spring, but know that leaves will block some of our sunset views we love so much!

3 comments:

  1. I hope it went well and you are feeling better!! Looking forward to the report.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you submitted an article for the newspaper and it was printed!! So hoping tonight went well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you submitted an article to the newspaper! What a great way to spread the word, that's so neat.

    ReplyDelete